EQUANIMITY® is marketed in 5ml single-dose sticks (1 stick= 1 application) , distributed in packages of 10 or 48 applications.
Before using EQUANIMITY® be sure to shake the product for close to a minute
Pour a 5ml dose onto your finger and apply the gel at the base of each nostril (2,5 ml per nostril). Administer during a calm period approximately 20 to 30 minutes prior to the stressful situation. Repeat the application every 2- 2.5 hours as needed.
Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, wash eye thoroughly with purified water. Keep this product out of children's reach. Store at room temperature and protect from direct sunlight
EQUANIMITY® is available in 5ml dosing strip (1 strip = 1 dose) which are available in packs of 10.
- Before using the product, shake the strip for about 1 minute
- Distribute the 5ml with your finger evenly below each nostril (2.5ml per nostril). This should be done in a quiet period about 20 to 30 minutes before the expected stressful situation. When the horse has already been stressed, there is a risk that the odor is not perceived and, thus no sedative effect occurs.
- Repeat the dosage every 2 to 2.5 hours if necessary.
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact wash the eyes well with clean water.
- Make sure that the product remains outside the reach of children
- Store the product at room temperature and avoid direct sunlight and heating
Equanimity is a pheromone, which is a smell. A horse born normally connects it with the reassurance by the mother mare and responds to it a lifetime with appropriate relaxation. Exceptions may occur when
- the mare died at birth or the horse was born i.e. by "Caesarean section". The mare will have secreted no pheromone. In those cases the horse does not know the smell and does not respond to EQUANIMITY
- in extreme cases the horse was born under traumatic circumstances (eg accident of the mother mare, heavy, psychologically stressful birth that has perhaps even led to a birth trauma). In some rare cases it may happen then that the horse connects actually soothing pheromone of the mare with bad experiences and therefore reacts negatively to EQUANIMITY. In this case the application of EQUANIMITY is not possible and should be discontinued immediately!